What is an F-1 transfer student?

An F-1 transfer student is a student who already has the F-1 visa (F status), is studying with another school, and wishes to transfer to Language On.

How do I transfer from
one school to another?

An F-1 student may request a transfer to another school at any time. 
Please consult with one of our student advisers to see if you are eligible to transfer to Language On.
Follow the steps below to make the transfer-in process as easy as possible.

Step 1

Complete the Language On school application

Step 2

Complete the Language On I-20 application

Step 3

Submit the following documents:

  • Copy of passport.
  • Copy of visa.
  • Copy of current and past I-20s.
  • Copy of I-94.
  • Bank document from the student or a sponsor to show funds. (If the funds are from a sponsor, the sponsor will need to complete and return the statement of support. If the sponsor is in the USA the sponsor will need to have the statement notarized.)
Step 4

Complete the transfer eligibility form and take or send it to the DSO at your current school to complete and return to Language On as soon as possible

Step 5

Pay the required school fees and deposit if applicable

Step 6

Upon acceptance Language On will issue your letter of acceptance and contact your current school and ask them to release your SEVIS records to Language On

Frequently asked questions

F-1 visas may be valid for entry to the United States for up to 10 years, but F-1 status (the ability to legally remain in the United States while enrolled in a full course of study) typically lasts for the duration of the student’s approved course.
F-1 visa students must return to their home country within 60 days of the completion of their program.
– Attend a SEVP-approved language training program or academic institution.
– Maintain full-time status.
– Demonstrate financial ability to pay for their cost of living and studying in the United States. You, or your sponsor, must provide your school with a bank statement or a certified bank letter proving that you (or your sponsor) possess sufficient available funds to cover the total cost of attendance of your program.
– Maintain foreign residence and demonstrate intent to return upon course completion.
The I-20 form is not the F-1 (student) visa itself. However, you will need to get an I-20 before you can qualify for the F-1 visa.
The I-20 form is a United States Department of Homeland Security document and can only be issued by a qualified school official (DSO or PDSO) at an institution that is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant students.
The I-20 is a “Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status.”
It depends on the country (and sometimes the city) where you will be applying for your visa. Each United States embassy and consulate has different processing times, which typically range from a few days to a few weeks.
You can visit the website of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you will be applying to see their current wait times.

Have questions? Contact a student advisor now!

Learn more about our schools and courses

What type of
student are you?

Read below to learn more and contact a student advisor to enroll. 


An F-1 initial applicant is a prospective student who is outside of the USA and applies for an F-1 visa at an embassy in their home country or another country before entering the USA.

Learn More →


An F-1 transfer student is a student who already has the F-1 visa (F status), is studying with another school and wishes to transfer to Language On.

Learn More →


A change of status applicant is a prospective student who is currently in the United States under another visa status and wishes to obtain an I-20 to change their status to F without returning to their home country.

Learn More →


Are you a visitor in the USA (tourist visa/ESTA) who would like to take part-time, recreational English classes during your stay in the United States?

Learn More →


Locals who are American citizens or permanent residents can choose between full time intensive classes or part-time semi-intensive classes.

Learn More →

Contact us

Instant answers

Whatsapp at +1 (305) 417 3615
Call Us at +1 (305) 521 9434

WhatsApp at +1 (305) 417 3615
Call us at +1 (305) 521 9434