Below you will find answers to our most frequently asked questions.
If you can’t find answers below, don’t hesitate to call or email us. We are here to help!

The F-1 visa is a non-immigrant, full-time, student visa that allows foreigners to pursue education in the United States. F-1 is the official name of the student visa.
A Form I-20 is a government form that tells the U.S. government that you are eligible for F-1 Student Status. It certifies that (1) you are or expect to be a “bona fide” student; (2) you meet our admissions requirements; (3) you will pursue a full course of study; (4) you proved to us that you have enough money to study and live in the U.S. without working illegally or suffering from poverty.
Language On is authorized under Federal Law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
Immigration requirements must be met to enable you to leave your country to come to the USA for recreational study at our school. If you require an F-1 Student Visa, Language On is authorized under Federal Law to enroll nonimmigrant students. We recommend you contact your local consulate or embassy for specific questions. Contact us for general questions and to determine eligibility.
Yes. On your first day, your level will be evaluated and assessed. Our testing process takes approximately one hours. You will be placed into an appropriate level based on your scores on our level test.
Our Semi-Intensive English course meet on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Our Intensive English Course meet on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday.
If you study in a private class you will make your own schedule.
We understand the importance of having a great English speaking teacher. All of our English teachers are qualified English teachers with many different teaching and life experiences. Our teachers incorporate a wide range of themes with continuously updated content, interesting international topics, and a variety of authentic sources to make your classes interesting.
At Language On, our students are directed to a variety of accommodation options as requested. Students can choose from hostels or homestays. We can also recommend and private apartments and provide options other throughout Miami so that you will find the perfect place! We urge you to plan ahead because finding the right place can take a few weeks.
It is very important that you have some form of travelers health insurance, but it is not required to travel in the United States. If you currently have health insurance in your home country, contact your provider and ask if your current coverage will cover you here in the United States. If you are not covered, you may be able to check with your credit card company to see whether they offer any coverage. If these options are not available to you, please contact local insurance vendors in your home country to obtain coverage before you arrive in the United States. To study at our school, it is not required, but we will do our best to assist you if you have questions. We strongly encourage you to have coverage before you arrive in the United States. Although healthcare in the United States is considered very good, it can be very expensive. For more information regarding healthcare and medical concerns, you can visit travel websites such as www.lonelyplanet.com/usa/practical-information/health.
Please be here at the school by 8:20 am.
Please visit our Intensive English Course page and click on Additional Information to view our calendars.
Yes. You will be assessed at the end of every session.
You can begin your English classes on any Monday.
Please click on the link to view all of our English schools. Click here
Yes. We have small student lounges available in all of our schools.
Yes, we have free wifi. Our password is… (Sorry you must ask us that when you arrive.).
We have computers and a small library available to all students. In addition, each classroom is equipped with TV and computers.
Yes, students can borrow English books.
Language On offers a variety of social and recreational activities for you to enjoy. Activities may include things such as: movie night, beach day, lunches, bowling events, sporting events, and more. Please remember that you are responsible for yourself and your actions and you are expected to act in an appropriate manner. You are a willing participant at these events, and Language On will not be held liable or responsible for any incident that may occur. Please check our school calendar and Facebook and Twitter pages (facebook.com/LanguageOnSchools and twitter.com/LanguageOn) for events and updates.
For admission into Language On, students must complete the school application and provide a copy of a valid passport or US photo identification for any type of study here in the United States. For students who are studying with an F-1 Visa, further requirements are needed.
For admission into Language On’s English Unlimited Program, students must be at least 16 years of age, complete a school-issued level test upon arrival, and test within our program levels (1-6), in addition to the school admission requirements stated in the School Admission Policy.
Scheduling is based on student request and teacher and classroom availability.
Instruction for Private Classes is provided by Premium Languages, the private tutorial, foreign language, and test preparation partner of Language On. Courses provided by Premium Languages are not accredited by CEA and do not qualify for F-1 (student) visas.

Refund Policy

Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for our Refund Policy.