Who does not need an F-1 Student Visa to study in the United States?

Keep reading to find out who doesn’t need an F-1 Student Visa to study in the USA. Many people ask, “Do I need an F-1 Student Visa to study English in the USA?”, but we have already answered that question in another article.
Today we will give you more information about the classes of immigrants as well as non-immigrants who do not need an F-1 Visa to study in the USA.

Remember, if you have any specific questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your local embassy or US government agency.

Visit our page What is the F-1 Student Visa? to find out more and how to apply.

So, who doesn’t need an F-1 Student Visa to study in the USA?

While it is important to understand that many non-immigrants who wish to study full time in the United States require an F-1 student visa to do so, it is equally important to understand who does not need an F-1 student visa to study in the United States.

First and foremost, an F-1 student visa is only required for certain classes of non-immigrants.
A non-immigrant is a citizen or national of a country other than the United States who wishes to temporarily enter the United States.
In order to qualify as a non-immigrant, an individual must be able to demonstrate the desire to permanently return to his or her country of origin after temporarily staying in the United States.

In technical terminology, the individual must have what is called “non-immigrant intent.”

On the other hand, immigrants to the United States may generally study at any school, including at language schools like Language On English Schools and in intensive English programs such as Language On’s English Unlimited course, either part-time or full-time, without restrictions.

Examples of people who are considered immigrants are those seeking asylum (or those who have already been granted) as well as lawful permanent residents of the United States, who are often referred to as “green card holders.”

Of course, all citizens and nationals of the United States, including people born in Puerto Rico or other American territories like the U.S. Virgin Islands, may also study without any limitations.

Who else can study in the USA?

However, under U.S. immigration law there are many classes of non-immigrants who may attend school in the United States either full or part time without the need for an F-1 student visa or any permission from the United States government.

Examples of such individuals are temporary workers, those with an H-1 Visa, Traders and Investors (those with an E visa), and those working for a foreign company’s branch in the United States (known as “intracompany transferees” with an L visa), as well as their dependents.

Also, temporary visitors to the United States such as tourists on B-2 visas or citizens from visa waiver countries may study in an avocational and recreational part-time program (such as the Language On English Unlimited Semi-Intensive Course) for relatively short periods of time as long as that their reason for entering the United States was not to become a student.

Leave a Comment

Instant Answers
Whatsapp at +1 (305) 417 3615
call us at +1 (305) 521 9434