What is the Form I-20?

The Form I-20 is a document issued by schools, colleges, universities, and vocational schools which provides the essential information needed for the F-1 Student Visa.

The I-20 is a United States Department of Homeland Security document and can only be issued by a qualified school official (DSO or PDSO) at an institution which is authorized under Federal Law to enroll nonimmigrant students.

The I-20 is a “Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status.”

Don’t get confused, the I-20 is not the F-1 (Student) Visa itself!  However, you will need to get an I-20 before you can qualify for the F-1 Visa.

Visit our page What is the F-1 Student Visa? to find out more.

How do I get an I-20?

Language On will issue you an I-20 after you qualify for our Intensive English program and we issue you a letter of acceptance. 

To begin the process or to see if you qualify for our Intensive English course, please complete our school application and provide us with a copy of your passport.

Requirements to get started:

1. Language On Application for Admission

2. Copy of your passport (valid for at least 6 more months)

Please send your signed application and a copy of your passport to [email protected]. If you have any questions, please contact us directly and we will be happy to help!

1 thought on “What is the Form I-20?”

  1. Me gustaría estudiar y conocer todo lo referente al idioma de Ingles por ser una lengua Universal en todas partes del mundo principalmente en EE.UU, país que algún día me gustaría visitar ya que su cultura dejaría una gran experiencia en mi persona el saber que puedo intercambiar palabras y conversaciones en Ingles con personas de esa nación

Leave a Comment

Instant Answers
Whatsapp at +1 (305) 417 3615
call us at +1 (305) 521 9434