Address: 4833 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140
Phone: (305) 532-3600
Price Range: Mid-range/Top end
Ideal for: Couples, Newlyweds, Business
Web Site: miamibeachresortandspa.com
Nestled in the Mid-Beach neighborhood of Miami Beach, the Miami Beach Resort and Spa is a luxurious and stylish resort on Millionaires Row. The historical hotel features modern rooms, great amenities, excellent service, and much more.
Originally built in 1963, it was previously called Doral on the Ocean. During that era, the hotel was frequented by Hollywood A-listers of that time like Frank Sinatra and Jackie Gleason.
It was also featured in a movie in the early 70’s. Despite having changed owners several times throughout the years, the Miami Beach Resort and Spa hasn’t lost its cache and continues to be a premier destination today.
The Miami Beach Resort and Spa has 424 rooms and suites that are equipped with high-speed internet, modern conveniences, and ocean or city views. There are five different types of rooms to choose from and they were all designed to capture the feeling of old Miami charm with a contemporary twist. Standard amenities include cable, hair dryer, iron, mini-bar, and a coffee machine. It is also important to note that the rooms are handicap accessible. Additionally, each room offers its own benefits:
- Their Partial Water View Rooms are 300 square feet and have floor-to-ceiling windows that showcase panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway.
- The Bay City View Rooms were named that way because of the breathtaking views of the Biscayne Bay. They are also 300 square feet and offer the best view of the sunsets.
- The Oceanfront View Rooms provide guests with special unique touches that make guests feel like they are right at home.
- The Junior Suites are 450 square feet and feature a spacious living space and separate seating areas. They also have floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway.
- And last but not least; the Water View Suites are 550 square feet and have extra privacy, an oversized living room with pull out sofa, and views of the Atlantic Ocean. This is a great option for both vacation and business travelers.
The Miami Beach Resort and Spa lives up to its reputation as a relaxing and rejuvenating oasis in the city. The hotel’s Edouard de Paris Salon and Spa welcomes guests to experience all of their treatments and facilities. Melt away all of your stress and reinvigorate your mind and soul with their soothing massages, facials, waxes and other body treatments.
The complete spa menu includes hair services for men and women, make up application, and manicures and pedicures. Their massage offerings include, sports massage, deep tissue, hot stone, reflexology, and Swedish massage. Most massages are either 50 or 80 minutes and are performed by skilled therapists.
All of these amazing services happen in their five private treatment rooms and there is also a couples nook where you can get side-by-side massages. The 80 couples massage is perfect for romance or as an experience to share with a friend. Two highly trained therapists will ease tension by massaging the muscles with long strokes to promote blood flow to the heart. Their Swedish massage increases the level of oxygen in your body and helps remove muscle toxins.
The hotel also has a health spa that includes a full service fitness center, sauna, steam bath, free weights and the latest in cardiovascular equipment. When you arrive at the Spa, you will be directed to private locker rooms for men and women where you can store your belongings and prepare for the indulging experience.
Activities and Sports
There isn’t a shortage of things to do at The Miami Beach Resort and Spa. Since the hotel is on the water there are a variety of beach and water activities you can enjoy. The Beachfront Aqua Sports Center has jet ski and boat rentals available to guests. Beach volleyball, deep-sea fishing, scuba diving, and yacht tours are also available and can be arranged with the hotel’s concierge. If you love to swim, they have a heated outdoor pool and direct access to Sugar-Sand Beach.
If you prefer shopping to water activities, The Miami Beach Resort and Spa is just minutes away from world famous shopping destinations. Shop the latest in couture at Bal Harbour Shops, stroll down Lincoln Road Mall for premier stores, or explore fashionable boutiques at Bayside Marketplace. No matter your fashion sense, there are many shopping venues for all style preferences and budgets.
Meetings and Social Events
The Miami Beach Resort is an excellent place to have your next big event, business meeting, or even a wedding. There is more than 40,000 square feet of function and flexible event space with a range of room sizes, styles and decorating options. There are also 18 smaller rooms for more intimate events, a starlight room with panoramic ocean and skyline views, a Mediterranean Room, and a Vista Room on the 18th floor with stunning views and a versatile floor plans.
For a large event or wedding, the Regency Ballroom is an excellent choice. This large space features a grand sweeping design that is perfect for events of large scale. A second choice is the Grand Promenade that has glass doors, ceiling murals, and a sunken circular floor.
The Miami Beach Resort is also an ideal location for meeting and conventions. They have a Miami Conference Center that provides audiovisual support, fully-equipped business center, computer rental, and property-wide high speed internet access. Highly experienced meeting professionals are on hand to make sure that no detail is overlooked and the banquet and catering service is always ready to make delicious meals.
One of the easiest ways to plan an event the resort is to take advantage of their Complete Meeting Package. This package provides everything you need for a flawless event. This package includes continental breakfast, AM break, lunch buffet, PM break, and a meeting room with basic AV capabilities with LCD projector and screen and internet access. This package is only $93 per person per day. For a higher end event, the Miami Beach Resort offers their Signature Complete Meetings Package that includes everything from the complete package plus a dinner buffet and two-hour open bar.
Restaurants and Dining
There are five different dining options at the resort to accommodate all tastes.
- The Hibiscus Court is the hotel’s primary breakfast restaurant. They serve a delicious breakfast buffet that overlooks the pool and garden. Enjoy fresh pastries, tropical fruits, and omelets made exactly as you like them.
- The Seabreeze Bar & Grill has mastered the art of the burgers. The menu includes crisp seafood salads, sandwiches and juicy burgers.
- The Ocean Bar & Bistro is a casual restaurant specializing in American and island inspired dishes.
- Poquito To Go, is there quick grab and go breakfast option when time is of the essence.
- If you decide you prefer to stay in your room, their room service operates daily from 6:30 am to 11 pm.
The Miami Beach Resort has special packages that makes planning your stay much easier. Currently they have the Bed & Breakfast Package that includes deluxe accommodations and breakfast buffet. Booking this package can save you an average of $20. If you book 30 days in advance you will get 25% off the best available rate.
How to get there
The Miami Beach Resort & Spa is easily accessible from the airport and from many key venues in Miami.
- From Miami International Airport take the exit to FL-112 East
- Follow FL-112 E (Which turns into I-195E) to W 41street in Miami Beach
- Continue on W 41 street to Collins Ave
- On Collins Ave go north until 48th street and look for the destination
From The Center of Miami or Downtown Area
- Look for I-95 and go North
- Follow I-95 N and I-195 E to W 41st St in Miami Beach
- On Collins Ave go north until 48th street and look for the destination
Do you need to improve your English? See the locations of our english language schools in the United States.